We urgently need your help to raise $56,000 for a new intensive care Babyleo Incubator for the tiniest patients born in our region.
We urgently need a new intensive care incubator in the Neo Natal Unit (NNU) as we have only one, and its end of life is nearing sooner than expected. The fleet we have is very outdated and this would transform the care of our most vulnerable babies to be in one incubator from the moment they are born without being moved, which is extremely important for brain development.
The request for this equipment is significant but we hope you can help us via business sponsorship or as a personal donation. We want to raise the funds before Christmas, so this new equipment will be in place early 2021.
What is so special about a Babyleo?
The Babyleo TN500 would support our level 3 babies born at less than 32 weeks gestational age and weight less than 1500 grams (53 ounces or 3.3 pounds), as well as critically ill newborns of any gestational age and birth weight. These babies require special care and continuous life support whilst in the NNU.
The cost of a new intensive care Babyleo Incubator is $56,000.
The Babyleo has the following features which protect the baby whilst allowing parent interaction:
- Three synchronized heat sources that keep the temperature stable at any time.
- Improved thermoregulation with special procedures like weaning, tolerate cooling and warm-up.
- Light and noise monitoring in the patient compartment for less stress for the baby.
- Easy access to the baby with jumbo hand ports plus fast and easy hood opening.
- Enhanced family centered care with easy to read displays.
- Design with focus on infection prevention with plain surfaces and less parts to disassemble.
- Humidification which protects the fragile skin of the premature baby.
If you are a business seeking to make a contribution please contact General Manager Bry Kopu-Scott to discuss business benefits of joining our Donor Family. Call 021 02423808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the information sheet: Give the gift of hope this Christmas
Click here to support Taranaki families in need today.